Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cake #2: Drop Flowers Galore!


For this basic white cake with buttercream frosting, I used the #2D tip to create a variety of blue flowers with #3 dots in the center. Although these are a fairly easy flower to create, I had some difficulty with the drop flower tip; I believe I would have had better luck if I had been using the tip specially-made for left-handers ! To finish the cake, I added a simple shell border along the bottom with the #21 tip.

Although decorating this cake was fairly easy, I could definitely use some more practice on my drop flowers. This past week, I spent most of my practice time working on the roses for my cake next week...guess I should have taken a moment or two to work on the borders. Hopefully my practice will pay off next week when I attempt to decorate with roses!

No comments: