Monday, October 6, 2008

Cake #26: Give a Hoot


This past weekend, one of my co-workers celebrated her birthday, so I decided to make some Owl cupcakes, from Hello, Cupcake, in her honor. Later this month when I have my "Kids in the Kitchen" program, I plan on having the children make these owl cupcakes. Since I was unsure of exactly how these would turn-out, I decided to kill two birds with one stone by using my practice cupcakes for her birthday celebration.

To make these cupcakes, I began by coating each cupcake with a base-layer of store-bought chocolate frosting. I then added two frosted-halves of Oreo cookies with a small Junior mint for the pupil. For the beak, I simply used a yellow M&M (the book called for a banana Runt, but for some reason I couldn't locate any Runts at my local stores!) Finally, I finished the face by adding some chocolate-frosting "feathers" with my leaf-tip #352.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are adorable! I am asking for Hello Cupcake for Christmas. I want the make the alligator.

Texasholly said...

Those are awesome. My sister in law made the farmer cupcakes from that book for my nephew's birthday.

orangedestiny87 said...

Those cupe cake are too cute.