Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cake #30: A Howling Good Cupcake


Although I'm leaving for vacation in a couple days, I still somehow got roped into baking the birthday cake for one of my co-workers. Since I was a little pressed for time, I decided to bake cupcakes so that the bake time would be reduced. Fortunately, the co-worker celebrating her birthday is a big supporter of wolves (she and her husband apparently do a lot of volunteer work trying to preserve the wolf's habitat.)

Anyway, I had been wanting to make these "wolf" cupcakes from Hello, Cupcake for awhile, so I thought this would be the perfect occasion. To make the wolf, I cut a large marshmallow to make the snout and ears. Then, I covered the entire cupcake in chocolate frosting using the leave tip. For a finishing touch, I adding a few M&Ms for the nose and eyes.

4 comments:

Texasholly said...

Very cool. I'll have to show my SIL since she made those same ones for her Twilight party.

Hey, I miss you! And you should probably head over to ATR and pull your weight ;)

Anonymous said...

Very cute.

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting the picture. My daughter wants wolf cupcakes for her birthday. D

orangedestiny87 said...

My friend made these and they turned out awesome. One little thing she did different was when she made the mouth she took some fruit roll ups and cut them to fit inside the mouth marshmellow and it looks alot better this way I think.