Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Cake #14: More Fun with Fondant...and Gumpaste!


Tonight, in my latest Wilton Course (Fondant and Gumpaste), we learned several new techniques, which we could add to our cakes tonight. Among the techniques were: the draped cloth, handkerchiefs, the zig-zag swags and borders.

I chose not to add all these new elements to my cake, instead going for a more elegant look of the draped cloth and roses. I am extremely pleased with how well this cake turned out; after my last disaster with my co-worker's birthday cake, I was beginning to doubt my abilities. Fortunately, all the gumpaste and fondant things were extremely easy and provided a real boost to my esteem!

1 comment:

Texasholly said...

I have another good friend who is into cake making (is that a term?). She just did a cool wedding cake: http://thepowerspage.blogspot.com/2008/05/yes-we-made-cake.html
I am going to give her the link to your cake blog :)
Also, I am so jealous of your coworkers getting to sample all your creations. You should have started this hobby when you worked with me!