Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Cake #6: Basket o' Flowers


Today was the finale of my Wilton Decorating Course Level II, and we finally combined all our work from the last weeks onto a single cake. This oval cake holds a variety of the royal icing flowers I've made this past month, as well as, the two blue birds I made with color-flow icing.

Tonight, we finished the course with the basket-weave technique along the sides and the rope borders along the top and bottom of the cake. Although the basket-weave technique was slightly more difficult than I had been led to believe, the addition of the borders, flowers, and birds distracts from any flaws which might exist in my weaving.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the way my cake turned out; I'm definitely looking forward to next week's start of Course III: Fondant & Tiered Cakes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I-was-quite-pleased-with-how-your cake-turned-out-too-Cody! IT-WAS SOOOOOOO-good-and-really-amazing! You-rock! :) Steph

Texasholly said...

Dang Cody. You have gotten really good at this whole cake decorating thing since last time I looked! I so wish you still lived here so you could make Ellie's Elmo cake for her party this Sunday :)